Sunday, February 12, 2017

Stock Market is Too Good to Be True

"It's hard to walk away from a winning streak..." ~  Cara Bertoia
"It's hard to defend a danger which you never thought existed." ~ John Christopher

I'm not complaining about recent market rally.  I've been pleasantly surprised by rise in our accounts. However, I'm starting to worry about it's sustainability.  It seems that everyone is expecting the administration to do great things for the economy, despite having done nothing concrete yet.

As I have often found in the past, when things are too good to be true, it probably is.   Our personal accounts are at or nearly at all time highs; 2 out of 3 of our manage accounts are at all time highs; and recent stock purchases are already higher.  I know I'm not this smart.

So instead riding this market to more new highs, it's time for me to do a bit of the opposite and take the opportunity to sell a little.

For more on New Beginnings, check back Sundays for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: