Thursday, February 02, 2017

Diet Changes Over Time

When I was a child, we ate very health. My mom made all our meals from scratch, with a large variety of vegetables.  We hardly had any processed foods.  Eating out, even at McDonald's, was a special changes.

In high school, fast food became a larger part of my diet.   And I ate a lot as a growing athletic boy.  I recall eating a Big Mac, 2 Quarter Pounders, French Fries, Apple Pie and Milkshake at one post football game meal.

As I grew older, eating out became more frequent, in the company cafeteria and at pizza/fast food restaurants.   I thought eating cheese and chips was relatively healthy, but I still ate a lot of meat and relatively few vegetables and fruits.

Then four years ago, four blockages were found in my heart arteries.

After that, I made a significant change in my diet.   Upon finding I had several arterial blockages in my heart, I converted to a vegan, no added fats/oils diet.  Dr. Ornish's book, Program for Reversing Heart Disease and  Caldwell Esselstyn's book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure were the basis for my diets.  I made the change because I realize that eating well is important for my heart health.

So far, I've rigorously adhered to this diet for four years and have experience zero heart incidents during that time.








Disclosure:  No compensation was received for this post.  If a purchase is made through the above Amazon.com link, I may receive compensation as an Amazon affiliate member.


For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: