Wednesday, February 08, 2017

A Good Time to Sell A Little

"Buy low and sell high." ~ Wall Street Adage

With market indices at or near all time highs, I'm considering selling parts of some profitable positions, to lock in some profits.  Besides I believe the market is due for at least a small pullback, allowing me to buy back at a lower price.

My methodology is to sell peripheral positions or peripheral parts of positions that have been acquired at lower prices.  I will continue to hold the core positions, i.e. those that I plan to keep for more than a year.   So I will be staying invested.

However, I will be slightly reducing our exposure by selling stocks which have risen sharply recently, or those that have significant gains.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back Wednesdays  for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: