Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Financial Weakness

"I despise the Lottery. There's less chance of you becoming a millionaire than there is of getting hit on the head by a passing asteroid." ~ Brian May

I like to play the lottery when the jackpot is over $200 million.  As a financial geek, I know this is a bad financial decision.   Even with a $200 million jackpot, it's still a negative statistical return to play.

However, I justify my payment to play as a cost of entertainment.  For a moment, I engage in choosing the numbers that are lucky or relevant in my life.   I do it for fun since I usually buy one ticket.   Just like I don't expect financial gain from seeing a play, eating out, nor playing a sport, I don't expect a financial return from a lottery ticket

When I win, it's usually the lowest prize.  I consider that a bonus since I got entertained for free.

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back Saturdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or lottery advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: